Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How my attempt at Microstock started


I first started my companion blog of photos taken in parks to provide a sort of mini-break for cube dwellers in corporate land and perhaps make a few cents off of adsense ads.

I got some comments about one in particular being "sellworthy" and got a smile from it. Though I'd heard about selling stock photos I figured there had to be some catch to it and didn't pursue anything. My camera had issues, and the blog went dormant.

Enter a new 4 mega pixel camera, an Olympus Stylus 410 that I purchased used off of Craigslist, (for me this was a big step up) and I got started taking photos again. On a whim did a search for how to sell microstock photos. It really is fun to wander through the woods taking photos, and making money from that would be incredible. In spite of the internet marketers claiming it was easy and therefore setting off my alarm systems, I started checking it out. 

Enter a site called MicrostockMan. His site is a guide to how to enter the world of microstock and is my blueprint for how to approach this. Be careful visiting though - he has some awesome images if you go to his portfolios. I set a timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment