Saturday, March 3, 2012

Learning Curve - Attitude, Realism and Hope

 Apparently some people make a good living off of only microstock. My goal right now is to support the hobby, which means Photoshop and a better camera are still out of range for my budget. In fact, I know little about photography at all - which makes this a rather improbable venture. When I first ran into MicrostockMan I was encouraged. From his site I learned:
  • It's worth a try regardless of equipment.
  • There are a lot of places to submit.
  • There's an outstanding blueprint here on how to get started.
As I visited sites to submit images I learned:
  • Many sites have image requirements my camera will not meet. 
  • The editorial review of photos may depend on only one element in the photo - for instance the Bigstock rejection of the deerfly and flower. The overabundance of purple flowers and butterflies equaled a rejection of a purple flower and a deerfly.

Today as I looked for more information on All You Can Stock, the latest recommendation from MicrostockMan, I wandered various sites I found many disgruntled folks who spend time announcing that no new microstock agency can make it, sales are decreasing and other encouraging statements. (Yes, I'm being snarky here.)

The temptation is to decide it's easy, or to decide it's impossible. Neither are true.

I'm getting hits here from "how to make money" sites - my hope is that you find a realistic perspective and my advice is that if you decide to make money online, do it with something you love and the attempt alone will be worth it. I doubt I would have ever found the baby pine cones in the snow otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment